Tuesday, September 8, 2015

7-26, Garnet, MT

If you've followed any of my other posts over the years, you know that I love ghost towns.  When we were recently back home having a dinner with some of my relatives, my uncle mentioned a ghost town that he finally, after a lifetime of having driven past the exit on the interstate, went and saw.  It's name is Garnet and it's not too far from Missoula.  I was intrigued that there was a ghost town so close to where I grew up yet somehow I'd never heard of it.  After all the excitement of our 'west coast tour', we extended our journey on our way home just a little further to go see this old town.  It was a beauty!  We could have easily spent an entire day meandering the old dwellings, but we were lucky enough to have a few hours to spare.  Interestingly enough, I was not the only person attached to their camera and gawking at the sites.  I chatted it up with a few along the way to discover that they were part of a workshop group with the Rocky Mountain School of Photography.  Maybe that will be my next educational adventure..... and a wonderful reason to go back home for awhile!















No comments:

Post a Comment