Thursday, September 3, 2015

7-21, Seattle

I learned a lot from my Intensive Course in Portrait Photography from the New York Institute of Photography.  I wish I could say that I learned a lot about portraiture, but I honestly feel I learned more about different styles of photography and how one person's passion can be of total disinterest to another.  In simplest terms, my advisor and I clashed....seriously clashed.  Some of his reviews were thought provoking while some were infuriating (for those of you Kings Pointers out there, think Captain Hard..... and for those of you who aren't KP almuni, his name really was Captain Hard.)  As I wandered the streets of Seattle, I thought of different comments that my advisor had made.  His life and my life are like apples and oranges.  He is a freelance photographer in Manhattan, and obviously, Parker, CO, just simply isn't New York.  Being in Seattle for a few days, I was given the opportunity to  explore a city through street photographer eyes.  (And, no, you didn't read my sentence wrong, it was a course in portrait photography, not street photography, but don't get me started on that.....)  Anyway, the below images are a tangent from my normal work, but I must admit I did like taking a walk on the other side.  And, any day I can take a walk in Seattle is a good day!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment