Tuesday, September 8, 2015

7-23, Coupeville

The beginning of my solo day began at the Lavender Wind Farm, and the remainder of my day was spent at historic Fort Casey and the town of Coupeville.  It's neat to come back to a place where you started your married life, before kids, and see how much while so little has changed.  Whidbey Island's Coupeville holds a soft spot in my heart.  I remember how exciting it was to move to such a new, beautiful and remote place.  Compared to the city life of the Big Easy, Whidbey Island was a world away.  Part of me has said I could never go back (it's too hard to go back to the beginning, right?) and part of me thinks that's exactly where we need to be.  I guess we'll see where the current takes us as my husband embarks on his journey departing the military life.  Whether our route comes full circle or not, I will always cherish my Whidbey memories and look forward to future visits.  

My 'claim to fame' is that I was the first Kings Pointer (in the 50+ year history of the Merchant Marine Academy) to do an internship with the Washington State Ferries.  Even 10 years later when I needed to make the long commute from Whidbey to downtown Seattle, I still loved the ferry rides.

The view of Ebey's Landing.


Admiralty Head Lighthouse

The Coupeville pier.

Coupeville's waterfront.

A sailing regatta in Penn Cove.


No comments:

Post a Comment