Friday, September 4, 2015

7-23, Island Lavender

Recently on vacation, I had two whole days to MYSELF.  No husband, no kids, no house, no chores, no computer.  What's a girl to do?  I picked up the local paper and read an article about Lavender Wind Farm in Coupeville.  In previous years, Whidbey Island had been our home-- one year in Coupeville and three years in Clinton.  I had no idea that lavender was grown on Whidbey or that there was a local farm.  I have to admit that I have a slight obsession with visiting lavender farms.  Last year, we enjoyed traipsing through the fields in Sequim.  I was so excited to learn about this local Whidbey farm and eager to pay it a visit.  I really can't think of a single thing as relaxing as walking through fields of lavender.  The sight is so beautiful and the smell is so incredibly relaxing.  This farm was above and beyond those things--- it has a view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca.  I can't think of a happier place to be.  I spent several hours meandering the grounds of the farm, camera in hand, senses on alert but in a very serene way.   What's almost as good as the lavender plants themselves?  The products made from the lavender!  I spent another good bit of time browsing the items for sale in the store and selecting my favorites to take home.  I can't wait to go back again!










No comments:

Post a Comment