Sunday, October 25, 2015

10-10, Coming Down (8 of 12)

Going up seemed to be the easy part.  I was a little worried how the coming down part would be.  I was given the instructions to bend my knees and hold onto the straps.  I had been previously told stories how the baskets sometimes bounce on the ground and come down on their sides giving the passengers awkward moments trying to get off each other.  The other instruction was to not get out until advised by the pilot.  The last thing you'd want to do is step out of the balloon only to have it take flight again leaving you alone somewhere on the ground.  So, I bent my knees, held onto the strap and did my best not to let me fears get the better of me.  Thankfully, our landing was as gentle as a tap on the brakes at a stoplight.  So gentle, no awkward passenger moments and no being stranded on the ground.  Yes!   The expertise of our pilot and the prevailing winds were a wonderful combination ending a perfect flight.  It was then time for the crews to don their gloves and assist in packing up the balloon.  Thank you, again, pilot and crew, for all of your hard work and allowing me to share in this wonderful experience!






As our crew was doing their best to get the balloon out of the way, others were coming down all around us in quick succession. 





All of Albuquerque is free game when it comes time for the balloons to land.  They landed everywhere..... streets, parks, fields, yards, parking lots, anywhere they could or had to if necessary.  


A poetic landing in a vacant field.

This residential street turned into a balloon parking lot.

The nice family that lived here welcome the balloonists with open arms and yards.

Balloons were simultaneously landing in the front and back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment