Thursday, April 30, 2015

4-29, Sandy Puc Workshop

Have you ever felt like you were in the presence of greatness?  I have-- all day yesterday.  Sandy Puc is amazing.  She's even more incredible to watch and learn from in person.  If you do not know who she is, you can access her website here:  http://www.sandypuc.com.  Somehow I came across the tail-end of her nationwide tour, ending here in Denver (the hometown for us both).  Somehow, the stars and moon aligned (with the graciousness of good friends and a wonderful husband) and I was able to attend.  My day was so amazing, that the 10 hours passed in the blink of an eye and at night I could not fall asleep with all the photography buzz in my head.  Amazing.  My day was simply amazing.  It felt so good to be in the company of fellow photographers on our various paths at varying levels of skill and experience.  As I whispered to my newfound photographer friend seated next to me, "This is like DISNEYLAND!!"  Yes, indeed, a photographer's paradise.  The hands-on workshop covered things like camera function,  white balancing, lighting, posing and working with your subjects.  The evening seminar was business-oriented discussing sales and products.  Thank you to those of you who rearranged their day so I could experience this phenomenal event.  The biggest thanks goes to Sandy Puc for her selfless sharing of her many years of experience in this industry.  Here are some glimpses of my day:


A newborn session with this beautiful baby girl!  Sleep, little baby, go to sleep, Sandy's touch will bring you a dream!





Here baby girl is with her mama........







This little sweet pea is 6 months younger than our Emalie.  (I almost sprinted back home to give my baby a hug after this session, but I endured on!)  Boy, was she cute!




Sandy's assistant is a very good sport.  She was put in the spotlight (literally!) many times throughout the day, and she handled it all in stride.  This 4-part series was a lesson in lighting.  In each successive image, one more light is added.  Can you tell which lights and where they are coming from?  What a wonderful, hands-on learning experience with some impressive equipment. (I hear B&H calling my name just begging for me to come buy something....somethingS......)





So, in a very small nutshell, that was my day.  I didn't edit a single one of these images (except a minor crop on 2 or 3).  Not too shabby for shooting alongside and around 15 other photographers!  I'm eagerly awaiting Sandy's next group/class/seminar.  You wouldn't be able to hold me back!  

1 comment:

  1. I love your excitement and enthusiasm here, and I love that you made this day happen by asking for help from friends and family.

    ReplyDelete