Wednesday, April 8, 2015

3-31, Tween Girls

I forgot what it was like to be a young girl-- full of laughter, giggles and smiles.  Oh, the energy!!  People always remark how much energy toddlers have and "if only I could bottle that....".  Well, I think we've highly overlooked the energy level of preteen girls!  These two girls are neighbors and daughters of my good friends.  I was so happy that they willingly offered a few hours of their afternoon to be my models so I could work with my new lights.  After about twenty minutes in the studio, the seriousness subsided and the silliness prevailed.  It reminded me of those days way back when when our teachers would give my best friend and me 'that look' as we'd sit in our desks giggling until we had tears rolling down our cheeks.  Oh, the memories!  These two girls are very close:  they are friends, neighbors and classmates.  It has been fun to watch their friendship blossom, and it was a  cherished opportunity for me to photograph them together.  I know I wish I had more photos of my childhood bestie and me.  I'm eager to give them each their session keepsake.  I hope it will bring them both happiness for years to come as they look back on this special time in their lives.  Thank you, girls, for sharing your time, your friendship and giving me the chance to dust the cobwebs off my own memories from when I was your age.  And yes, oh yes, you'll both definitely be babysitting for us in the future!  LOL.......

























No comments:

Post a Comment