Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5-14, Lilac Blossom

I love lilacs.  When I was little, we had a giant lilac bush by our driveway.  I couldn't wait for spring to come every year so I could smell that glorious scent.  Being a military family, we have moved quite a bit.  With each house search I'd ask my question:  "Does it have a lilac bush?"  Not like it was a deal-breaker, I just had to know (hope).  When we moved into our current house in the middle of a winter snow storm in Colorado, my usual lilac question had escaped my mind.  As spring approached, I told my husband that he should get rid of that big, ugly bush by the deck that blocked my view from the kitchen window.  A month or so later he uttered the words I couldn't believe, "I think it's a lilac."  No way!  This big, monstrous (ugly) bush might be a lilac?!  Yes, indeed, that's what it turned out to be.  It's not just any lilac bush either, it's just about the size of the one we had by my childhood house-- it's a giant!  I guess we'd finally found home.


"Lilac Blossom, 5-14"


link to As Eye See It Flower Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment