Friday, June 12, 2015

6-9, Cottonwood Camping

It's summertime once again.  Time to explore the mountains and go camping!  One of our favorite destinations in Colorado is Cottonwood Lake.  There's an easy pace there that has something for everyone in our family.  For me?  Beautiful scenery all around with vibrant colors from the greens of the trees to the blues in the sky.  This recent trip offered new scenes I hadn't yet observed and ones already witnessed providing chances for improvement.  My photographic goal this trip was to observe the details and view them from unusual vantage points.  If the entire mountain vista is amazing, what details can I emphasize to bring drama to it?  Sometimes I just couldn't capture a scene the way my eyes were reading it.  For those times I need to reflect why I wasn't able to capture it with the feeling I was embracing and contemplate a way to do it differently next time.  And for those duplicate mountain scenes I seem to recreate, how can I see it differently to capture other elements within the scene?  These are things that everyone with a camera in their hand can, and should, be thinking about. "So this is the scene that everyone else sees, how can I make them see it an another way?"  With this attitude, the opportunities are endless.

"Aspen Graffiti"

"Baum Katzaen"

"Chalk Creek"

"Deer in Aspen"

"Green Aspen Sky"

"Ground Squirrel"

"Illuminated Aspen Grove"

"Leaning Trees"

"More-more Chipmunk"

"No Vacancy"

"Past Entry"

"Past Its Prime"

"Ponderosa Sentinel"

"Rusty Abode"

"Shades of Green"

"St. Elmo Parlor"

"Town Hall Reflection"

"Under the Aspen"

No comments:

Post a Comment