Sunday, June 14, 2015

6-11, Eye to the Sky

Living in Colorado in the summer, there is one rule my son must abide by when going outside for the day:  "Eye to the sky."  Thunder and lightening storms seemingly come out of nowhere and we're under repeated threats of tornadoes.  It's been especially wet and stormy lately, so when the clouds gave way to sun we headed out for a walk along the wonderful Cherry Creek trail (a system connecting miles and miles of mostly paved paths in and around the Denver area).  I thought about this advice I'm always giving and applied it to my own eyes with camera in hand.  Though I'm not a 'bird-watcher' nor do I have the correct equipment to expertly photograph them, I did enjoy my hand at capturing these beautiful creatures.

Yes, I had to look down to observe this, but the sentiment was too beautiful not to share.

A falcon hiding in the tree attentively watching everything around it.

Swallows occupied the fence posts every few steps.

I'd never really seen a still swallow up close.  These had the most vivid blue backs.

Is that momma patiently waiting?

These telephone poles remind me of the ones that lined the street where I grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment