Tuesday, June 23, 2015

6-20, Wings over the Rockies

My husband gets that far-off look when he thinks about his flying days with the Navy.  That part of his story is so much a part of who he is today-  though these days he sits at a desk and not in a cockpit.   A few weeks ago, a squadron buddy of his (now the current CO for a command up on Whidbey Island- our first duty station) flew the last flight for this EA6-B Prowler from Whidbey to Buckley AFB.  The plane was then towed through the streets of Aurora until finally arriving at its new home in the Wings of the Rockies Museum in Denver.  I have to admit that my husband was not the only one with misty eyes envisioning this scene.  This marks the end of an era for my husband as well as many other Naval aviators.  Let's hope the new chapters will be as fun and exciting as the previous ones.





We have a tail hook sitting in our living room....
guess we should have had ours signed, too!



I love that this image contains the name of a good friend as well as the sailor of the year from my native state (and not too far up the road, either!)


I miss our Pensacola days and the sound of the Blue Angels flying overhead daily.

What it's all about......



No comments:

Post a Comment