Thursday, June 5, 2014

6-3, "Baby Carter"

For anyone who has tried to talk to our Emalie on the phone, you know that she can be hard to understand.  However, she is a whole lot easier to understand than she was a year ago thanks to the help of her speech therapist, Jessica.  Prior to our first meeting with Jessica, I urged her to bring her new baby along to Emalie's session at our house and not worry about finding alternative childcare for that week.  It was one of those rare summer weekdays when our whole family was home.  Jessica began to acquaint herself with Emalie while we all passed around 'baby Carter'.  (Ok, I admit, I was a baby hog, but so what?!).  Now, almost 18 months later, Emalie has 'graduated' from her speech therapy (she aged out at 3 and will begin speech therapy in preschool at the beginning of the next school year) and 'baby Carter' isn't so 'baby' anymore!  Jessica has been a wonderful about supplying tips and ideas for my new photography business (let's just say I have given her the title of "Advisor".....didn't you know that, Jessica?!).    She has even gone so far as offering up her own child for my services.  After months of talking about it, we were finally able to get together for a session this week.  The circumstances were not ideal (both of my kids were home and quite distracting), but I think we all made the best of it.  (Photo session/play date.....same/same.)  Carter was probably relieved to get home and have all eyes off  him for awhile (yes, 18 months later and we were still fighting over the 'baby'....).  Thank you, Jessica, for a fun morning spent together.  Happy 18-month birthday to Carter!  I hope these pictures were able to capture him, as you see him, at this age.  What a cutie!

















No comments:

Post a Comment