Friday, June 6, 2014

6-3, .....is that a smile?!

There is nothing like being able to photograph your kids over time and watch as they grow and change.    I coerced our son into working with me Sunday afternoon for an impromptu photo session. I wanted to experiment outside with the available backdrops, reflector and fill-light.  I'm not sure where his normally disgruntled behavior was this day, but thankfully it was taking a break.  I'd say the height of his enjoying this activity passed about ten years ago when I first started taking photography courses through the New York Institute of Photography.  Anyway, as I was editing these photos I realized that he's changing.  His face looks different.  His smile's a little different, too.  He's a preteen now, and these photos reveal to me a glimpse of the young man he's about to become.  Has it really been ten years since the only way I could get him to sit in one place long enough to take his picture was to offer him a lollipop?  (Ironically, that may be a trick I'll need for our 3-year old....)  I love that these photos are all smiles instead of frowns.  And the funniest one, the last one, should have been a video instead of a still.  He had a whole 'skit' drawn on his hand.....and it was actually funny.  What a boy he is!










No comments:

Post a Comment