Monday, March 3, 2014

3-3, Our New Focus

I feel a sense of gravity-- as if I am beginning this blog for the first time.  Granted, it has been a long time since I've posted.  So much has changed in my life since June of 2012.  Where to start?  I couldn't possibly give you a rundown of everything that has transpired, nor do I care to stress my memory in that way.  What I can emphasize is that after six and half years of adoption tribulations, life is good.  We have a very happy, very healthy little girl to call our own.  We love her with all of our hearts.  We have been blessed, very, very blessed.  I will introduce you to this little girl who has stolen our hearts (and the focus of my lens and days).  Meet Emalie.  The day we met her in Wuhan, China, she was 15 months old.  She is now just shy of 35 months.  She's a full-fledged two-year old with a very strong sense of order and independence.  On most days, I'm fairly certain she is already smarter than I am. (Lord knows her memory is better!)  I am not a religious person, but I have to admit that during the adoption process, I said a little (ok, not so little) prayer acknowledging that it would take 'the perfect person' to fit into our family.  I'd have to say that my prayer was answered.  I can't imagine anyone blending into our family and home better than she has.  Can you tell I'm totally smitten?  Here's a little chronological photo diary of Emalie beginning in August of 2012 through February of 2014.









No comments:

Post a Comment