Tuesday, July 12, 2016

7-6, What a Fun Family

As a child, I couldn't have imagined not living close to my extended family. Weekly time with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins was just part of my normal.  As an adult, I can't imagine what it would be like to replicate that aspect of my childhood for my own children.  We are separated from any family by at least 1,000 miles.  Being transplants to the Denver area, I look on in wonder at the families who have always called this area home.  Families, like that of my childhood, where the lives of the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins intertwine on a regular basis.  It's beautiful to see the closeness of these families, and I admit that it always makes me miss mine.  

I had a special family session last week.  I have known Britt for about four years now.  I have known her since her boyfriend was a finance, a finance a husband and husband now a father.  I have seen their little family evolve and grow.  I have learned more about them the more our paths cross and I respect and admire these truly good people.  It was an honor to be given the opportunity to photograph their family.  It was fun to see the grandparents interacting with their children, their children's spouses and their grandchildren.  It was easy to see where the "goodness" comes from.  On the inside and out, this is a beautiful family.  I hope I have captured who they are at this moment in time, so even when the littlest ones grow up they too can remember their close family bonds. Feist Family, thank you so much for giving me a glimpse into your world-- the smiles that came easily and those that had to be lured out, the jokes provoking those smiles and the simple kindness you all possess.    


















No comments:

Post a Comment