Sunday, January 8, 2012

12-26, Engagement Photos

"Wedding photos?!  What?!  I'm not a wedding photographer!!  Let's start with engagement photos?  That I can do!"  This resembles the conversation I had with my brother and his fiance a few weeks ago.  Living in separate states, our Christmas holiday together created the perfect opportunity for their engagement photo session and a chance to break-in my in-house studio space.   I have to say that I think it's most challenging photographing my own family....especially my older brother.   After an initial warm-up period, the smiles and purpose of the session showed through with each successive photo I took.  I was so happy to be part of this experience with my brother and his soon-to-be wife.  I loved finally (after a year hiatus) getting my equipment out and using my studio.  What I loved most of all was the response from their viewing the photos (that is when I should have had my camera out!).   I hope they enjoyed the session as much as I did and I hope they're as happy with the results as I am.  Life, love and laughter.....what better subject?

Pose 1


Pose 2


Pose 3


Pose 4


Pose 5


Pose 6a 


Pose 6b



















As you can see, I think these two have a very happy future ahead of them.  Now do tell......which pose is your favorite?  I'll be tallying the comments, please let me know!






4 comments:

  1. We love them all! With so many great pictures it sure is tough to pick a favorite. If I had to vote right now, I guess I would say I'm leaning towards pose 4 ... though I must say, I get a monster kick out of the bottom two everyone time I see them. Those expressions probably happen three times a day at our house. You really captured "us" :)

    Thank you for such a good time. If you can do this with me (your brother) you can do this with anyone. You have a great eye! Thanks again!! Thad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara,

    I'd have to say I like the second-to-last photo best. I look like I have a serious plan, and Thad doesn't know what hit him!

    Thanks so much for a great day, and for the great photos!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. As mother of the bride, number 10 is my personal favorite. But when it comes to the seriousness of announcements, I pick No. 4. Thank you for the beautiful work. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't decide then and can't decide now. They are just all too good! Undecided mother of the groom.

    ReplyDelete