Friday, November 10, 2017

11-2, Dramatic Doctor


I was pretty excited to get my first client from LinkedIn.  He's a doctor looking to update his headshot to ensure he's conveying the right image for his profession.  I had never met him before, and our correspondence had been limited to email and a few brief phone calls.  I wasn't sure what type of personality he had or how 'serious' our session might be.  It was a welcomed surprise when I greeted him at the studio door-- he was smiling, engaged and motivated for the session.  He had taken my session tips seriously and brought an array of shirts, jackets and ties for image diversity. As the session commenced and progressed, I found we had a great banter.  Through our exchanges I was able to capture a variety of expressions.  It was great fun, and now I have fantastic examples of the progression of expressions throughout a session.  I wish Mr. Doctor all the best in all endeavors!

Follow me through the session and see how we worked together to get the winning image.

"Don't look so miserable!"

Wide eyes and a blank expression, we can do better than this.

Mouth Tension

"Chin out.  Excellent!"
Now let's work on getting the chin out AND down....

It's fun to play 'games' to evoke silly expressions from clients.
It's all part of my process!

You know you're client is having fun when you capture a moment like this.

And it all leads to this.  Now that's what I'm talking about!
SHABANG!!







No comments:

Post a Comment