Tuesday, March 24, 2015

3-23, All About Me

That's what I feel like when I'm on a photography binge.  And boy, have I been on a binge lately.  It all started a few weeks ago when my husband and I headed to Sandy Puc's studio in Littleton.  If you haven't heard of Sandy Puc then you're really missing out.  She's a very talented, well-renowned photographer who just happens to be a local as well.  A friend had shared the news that Sandy was selling off some of her stash.  I went with the intention of buying a few accessories for photo shoots (which I did), but in the long run was inspired to revamp my entire lighting system.  How can you not be inspired in the presence of greatness?!  I've since been rereading her books and watching her videos in hopes of understanding how she gets inspired.  It's the common love:  photography.  The same friend who told me about the sale will also be my first maternity session next month.  Her biggest request?  A silhouette image.  New lights?  New approach?  No problem!  Ok....one small problem--  no assistant.  It took some running around to accomplish this silhouette selfie, but here it is.  Me and my new lights had a great afternoon of experimenting in preparation for the upcoming session.  The only 'bump' I have is that good ol' Van Blaricom nose.  Never in a million years did I think I would intentionally post a profile photo of myself.  Love can make you do funny things....



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! Your excitement and passion for photography are contagious. And the silhouette is great - you look so relaxed, you'd never know you were running around on both sides of the camera! :)

    ReplyDelete