Sunday, October 16, 2011

10-7, Pikes Peak

I wasn't "feeling the love" this day.  I couldn't quite get into the spirit of our first visit to Pikes Peak.  Maybe I was just worn out.  Maybe it's the difficult transition from the hot summer to the chilly autumn.  Or maybe it was the snow on the ground as we climbed up past 12,000 feet (or maybe just the lack of oxygen?!).  Whatever it was, I didn't really put much effort into capturing the experience. I think maybe our next drive up there should be in the spring when the flowers are in bloom and the air is warm.  Driving by the aspens already beyond their peak and towards the snow line was a symbolic journey through the seasons.  I'm just not sure I'm ready for winter!




"Aspen Patchwork"




"Pikes Peak Buck"


As Eye See It/Locations/Colorado

As Eye See It/ Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment