Monday, August 29, 2011

7-24, "Pinery Pets"

On my last post, you got to see why I think it's so beautiful here where we live in Colorado.  Now I'm showing you another reason why I think it's a pretty special place.  The first time I looked out my laundry room window and saw a deer staring back at me, casually munching on a bush, I couldn't believe my eyes.  The deer are wild, but they obviously know their place in the neighborhood.  Everyone kept saying, 'wait 'til they have their fawns'.  Oh, were they right!!  I saw my first fawn when I was parked in our driveway getting ready to head out and one dashed in front of the car.  It was such a cute, little, spotted thing!  It's been amazing to watch them grow over these past few months- slowly getting bigger and their spots beginning to fade.  It's also been interesting to watch the bond between the doe and her babies and the protective instinct that comes with it.  They'll allow us to get pretty close....unless the babies are near.  Once mama drops her head, lowers her ears and gives you that look, you know it's time to back off.....even if it IS your yard!  I love it when the wildlife comes to ME for a photo shoot.  How much better can it get?!

One Baby.....

Two Babies....

Mama's Done!

"DOEn't Bother Me" 

"Lounging Around"

"First Fawn"
"Fawn Collage"
"Fawn 1"

"Fawn 2"

"Fawn 3"

No comments:

Post a Comment